Town of Oakham Burn Permits

Apply for your online permit today.

Current Progress

Welcome to the Town of Oakham Online Open Burn Permit Manager.

Please fill in the form to create a new account and register for your first permit.

Already have an account? Login

Select Permit Type:

Personal Information

Do you rent or own your home?

Information for Renters

If you rent your home, your permit will require approval by your landlord before it becomes valid.

Landlord Information

Open Burn Address 1

Login Details

Confirm Your Location

Please ensure the marker on the map below indicates the correct location for your property. You may use the + and - buttons to zoom in and out, and click-and-drag the marker to place it in the correct location.

Loading map...

Loading addresses...

Your account has been successfully created!

Terms & Conditions

Please select a burn permit type.

Select Burn Permit

Sign Here

Signature Of

Notification Methods


Enabling notifications by providing one or more contact methods below will ensure that you receive important information (e.g. changes to risk level, ban status changes etc.)

Text Msg.


Phone Call

Your permit is being created.

Please DO NOT close the window during this time.

Don't forget to call!

Telephone: (774) 298-3528

Fuels do not ignite readily from small firebrands although a more intense heat source, such as lightning, may start fires in duff or punky wood. Fires in open cured grasslands may burn freely a few hours after rain, but woods fires spread slowly by creeping or smoldering, and burn in irregular fingers. There is little danger of spotting.

Frequently Asked Questions

Who can obtain a burn permit?

Only residents living in approved areas can obtain a permit. Permits are conditional and may be revoked at any time.

How can I obtain a burn permit?

You may register online using this website, or you can visit us in person at the Rutland Regional Dispatch Center, 242 Main Street, Rutland

What can I burn?

You are allowed to burn: Brush, cane, driftwood and forestry debris (but not from commercial or industrial land clearing) Agricultural materials including fruit tree and bush prunings, raspberry stalks, and infected bee hives for disease control. Trees and brush from agricultural land clearing Fungus-infected elm wood, if no other acceptable means of disposal is available You may not burn: Leaves Brush, trees, cane or driftwood from commercial or industrial land clearing Grass, hay, leaves, stumps or tires Construction materials or demolition debris Household trash

Do I need a permit?

If you want to have an open-air fire, then yes, you need an approved permit. If you are having a barbecue a permit is not required.